The Apprentice Tool Maker certificate program is an 11 week online program designed to help you gain the skills and knowledge required for work as an apprentice tool maker.
This program was developed with input from industry partners to ensure that aerospace tool makers attain mastery of the art of creating aerospace tooling. Apprentice tool makers analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, and gauges.
Students considering this program should work with an employer partner to secure an apprenticeship prior to enrolling.
Students complete courses in the following areas:
- Tool Essentials in Manufacturing
- Aerospace Fastener Basics
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Measurement Tools for Manufacturing
- Math Foundations
- Workplace Safety Awareness
- Career Building Skills
- Tooling Capstone Project
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or equivalent
- Manufacturing Production Worker Level 1 or equivalent recommended
Instruction is delivered through a series of self-paced interactive online courses.
Required Program Materials
Internet access using either:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
Job Placement Support
Please contact us for information about our job placement support services.
CAD$3,200 Please contact us for payment options.