The CNC Lathe Production Techncian certificate program is a 9 week online program designed to help you gain the skills and knowledge required for work as an entry-level CNC lathe production technician.
Computer numerical control (CNC) lathe technicians transform raw materials into finished products used in commercial, automotive, medical, and aerospace products. CNC lathe production technicians produce parts that range from simple bolts of steel to titanium bone screws for orthopedic implants.
CNC lathe technicians work from blueprints, or computer-aided design (CAD), and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) files. They set up and operate CNC machine tools and monitor the feed and speed of machines and measure, examine, and test completed products for defects.
Students complete courses in the following areas:
- Introduction to CNC (Computer Numerical Controlled) Machining
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Understanding Materials in Manufacturing
- Measurement Tools for Manufacturing
- Math Foundations
- Workplace Safety Awareness
- Career Building Skills
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or equivalent
- Manufacturing Production Worker Level 1 or equivalent recommended
Instruction is delivered through a series of self-paced interactive online courses.
Required Program Materials
Internet access using either:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
Job Placement Support
Please contact us for information about our job placement support services.
CAD$3,200 Please contact us for payment options.