The CNC Machining Centre Production Technician certificate program is a 9 week program designed to help you develop the skills and knowledge needed for work as an entry-level CNC machine operator.
CNC stands for Computer Numerical Controlled machines. A CNC Machining Centre Production Technician operates some of the manufacturing industry’s most advanced machines and robots to transform raw materials into high quality parts. CNC machining center techicians work from blueprints, or computer-aided design (CAD), and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) files. They set up and operate CNC machine tools and monitor the feed and speed of machines and measure, examine, and test completed products for defects.
Students complete courses in the following areas:
- Introduction to CNC (Computer Numerical Controlled) Machining
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Understanding Materials in Manufacturing
- Measurement Tools for Manufacturing
- Cutting Tool Basics
- Math Foundations
- Workplace Safety Awareness
- Career Building Skills
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or equivalent
- Manufacturing Production Worker Level 1 or equivalent
Instruction is delivered through a series of self-paced interactive online courses.
Required Program Materials
Internet access using either:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
Job Placement Support
Please contact us for information about our job placement support services.
CAD$2,620 Please contact us for payment options.