The Composite Manufacturing & Repair Technician certificate program is an 8 week online program designed to help you gain the skills and knowledge required for work as an entry-level composites fabricator.
The use of composite materials in manufacturing is expanding quickly. Composites are now used in automotive, aerospace, medical devices, and sports equipment. The benefits of light weight and strength make the applications of composite materials endless. Composite manufacturing & repair technicians manufacture products by laying up layers of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and other composite fabrics.
Composite manufacturing requires attention to detail and good manual dexterity.
Students complete courses in the following areas:
- Introduction to Composites in Manufacturing
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawings
- Measurement Tools for Manufacturing
- Power Hand Tools for Manufacturing
- Hand Tools for Manufacturing
- Stationary Tools for Manufacturing
- Math Foundations
- Workplace Safety
- Career Building Skills
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or equivalent
- Manufacturing Production Worker Level 1 or equivalent recommended
Instruction is delivered through a series of self-paced interactive online courses.
Required Program Materials
Internet access using either:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
Job Placement Support
Please contact us for information about our job placement support services.
CAD$2,480 Please contact us for payment options.